What the Hail?
When you home is hit by a hail storm, significant damage can occur. Many times it is necessary to file an insurance claim. Sometimes this is not the case. If your home was hit by hail, chances are you will be bombarded with roofing companies stopping by, knocking on your doors and asking to get on your roof.
Before you let them do this, we encourage you to get educated on:
- What to do after a hail storm.
- How to inspect your roof and home yourself.
- How to file an insurance claim.
- What to expect if and when you file a hail claim.
- How to work with contractors to get your job done right and avoid many pitfalls you can fall into as a homeowner.
M & E Painting and M & E Roofing Solutions President Matt Shoup has put together two video playlists to help you get educated and understand all of these things. Click here to watch the video playlist titled: Hail Storm, Now What?
This playlist includes:
- A 30 minute interview with Matt and top Northern Colorado Farmer’s Insurance Agent David Stansfield on all the things you need to know about homeowner’s insurance, your policy and best practices.
- How to determine if you have hail damage on your roof, and how to inspect your roof home yourself (even if you are scared of heights).
- When to file an insurance claim, how to file an insurance claim, what to expect after, how to read an insurance loss statement, and how to interpret all of the numbers and figures on it.
- How to hire a contractor and work with them successfully.
- Click here to watch how to self inspect your home. Matt will walk you through how to self inspect and what to look for to determine if you have hail damage.
- Please let us know how we can continue to be a resource for you and your family.